Johnson County Department of Corrections (JCDOC) operates local correctional services aimed at providing community-based alternatives to incarceration.
Criminal offenders are placed under agency supervision by direct order of the District Court in lieu of incarceration and are subject to supervision and surveillance to insure compliance with Court orders, protection of the public safety, and restitution to victims.
Specifically, the agency shall provide:
- Effective community supervision/surveillance for offenders placed by the Court under the jurisdiction of JCDOC.
- Programming, either through direct services or through other community resources to assist offenders in achieving crime-free and satisfactory life adjustment.
- Effective and accurate information to the Courts for us in related decisions.
- Utilization of all practical methods to encourage self-improvement in conduct and behavior of offenders placed under the jurisdiction of the agency.
The agency provides correctional programming for:
- Felony and misdemeanor offenders lawfully assigned or ordered by appropriate judicial officials.
- Adult male and female offenders.
- Offenders duly transferred from other Community Corrections programs.
Contact (913) 829-0800 or (913) 715-6700 for more information.